The Melbourne Tram sleeps 1 couple. It is an historic W Class Tram number 1004 built in 1955 and it ran Melbourne’s iconic Spencer St to St Kilda line until it was retired in 1992. With the assistance and guidance of Bendigo Tramways and the Newport Workshops, this tram has been lovingly restored & is now fitted out in Art Deco 1st class saloon car style with inlaid Art Deco furniture, and overstuffed Victorian brocade couch, brocade upholstered tub chairs, a mahogany butlers kitchen and a high-backed claw foot bath. The toilet is a trip to the conductor’s front cabin where the folding drivers seat and wheel remains. All quality bedding and toweling is supplied
- Sleeps 1 couple.
- Double sized pillow-topped bed
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Butlers kitchen with sink, bench top burner, mini oven and small fridge/ freezer. stainless steel pots & pans, plates, cooking utensils, crockery & cutlery are all provided. A starter pack of tea, coffee, sugar, milk and dish soap is supplied
- Lounge area with brocade 3 seater sofa & Foxtel TV
- High backed claw foot bath. A toiletries starter pack is provided
- The fully fenced undercover veranda area fitted with a dining set, casual seating and a hooded BBQ
- Private outdoor garden area under a huge old fig tree with seating & a chiminea fireplace
The Melbourne Tram is dog friendly and suitable for 1 dog to stay. The Tram is securely fenced so your doggy will be secure to freely wander the living spaces but there is no yard in this area so your doggy will need to be walked.